Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Doubly Challenged

I have two challenges to share today, one for a la Carte and the other for Scrapping Out LOUD! They're both great and sure to get your creative juices flowing. Hope you can find time in this busy back to school season to play along.

First is challenge #7 at a la Carte! Today's menu is all about working hard for the money. We were thinking of so many of our scrappy friends going back to work as school teachers and the rest of us looking forward to Labor Day! You can see the menu HERE. Here's my take.



Talk, talk, talk! Couldn't even be quiet long enough to get his photo taken. That boy! I have no idea why he's so chatty. LOL Be sure to swing by a la Carte to see the complete menu and Frances's layout....a super cute double pager!


Well, challenge number two is from Scrapping Out LOUD! To play along, dig out those seasonal supplies that you only use once a year and use them in a nontraditional way on a layout. For my take, I scrapped a photo of my little one in March still wearing his Halloween PJs. Don't you just love those big squishy cheeks? He's growing up so quickly that those cheeks are almost gone. *sigh*



I was happy to use some more of this Making Memories Halloween paper from last year. I bought a big pack of it from Target. I scrapped a couple of layouts and a Halloween banner with it and gave some to Frances. Still have a bunch left!



That little creepy crawler is another Martha Stewart punch. LOVE those! I've been saving that one for a while. Since Halloween is almost upon us, you'll be seeing this a good bit. And can you see that gray pearl? Oooo, love those too!



These big orange letters started out as a distressed denim blue. I just love the font so much that I keep altering them. I've used them several times. When you peel the top off and chalk/ink them, they look a little leathery. Fun! And how about those Queen and Co. circle letters? I had to have those when they first came out. In several colors. Guess what? Still have a bunch of 'em. So, of course, I was excited to use some of those.



It was such fun to scrap out of season. Pop on over to Scrapping Out LOUD! to see the rest of the design team's layouts. Next thing you know you'll be digging out your Christmas and Easter supplies in the middle of September.

Happy Scrappin'

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Fantastic LO's Aphra! Love the first one because it's so bright and eyecatching, well, the second is just too freakin cute! :)

Jessica said...

love em both! off too see the a la carte challenge!

Diana said...

TOTALLY fun layouts! These are GREAT!! (i know sounds like tony the tiger....)

laterg8r said...

love the freakin cute LO - that MM paper is awesome too - great pages :D

Jana Eubank said...

You are always so inspiring! I love your use of shaped papers here. And I really love the pop of the green and purple together on that first one. Wonderful!

Susan said...

Love the FREAKIN CUTE layout!!! It is way too cute.

AmyInKy said...

LOVE how you are using older items. All the details on the Halloween page just amaze me!

Kimberly said...

Terrific layouts. Love your description of yourself.

*Paula* said...

adorable! I especially love that halloween one! so much fun!

Jamie Harder said...

Oh my goodness...they are both such amazing layouts! Love the colors on the first one and that owl is sooo cute! And the spiders in the second one....pure genius:-)

~Sasha Farina~ said...

oh Aphra.. i love the way you altered those alphas!! so brilliant!

LG said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!