Wednesday, September 23, 2009

For Tonight is the Night

for feeling alright. We'll be making layouts the whole night through. So I'm saving all my love....Yes I'm saving all my love....Yes I'm saving all my love for you! Ahh, yeah, sing it, Whitney!

Can you tell I'm excited to be going to Treasured Memories in Lafayette for my design team meeting tonight? It's group night, so we'll be sharing our layouts and scrapping a new one. Fun times, people! Fun times!

Anyway, at last month's meeting, we were given two pieces of Core'dinations Cardstock, a bottle of Smooch, and a list of challenges. Since my supplies were brown, I grabbed all the new Fall papers in the store and got to work. Here's what I came up with.













Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzil, Core'dinations; Patterned Paper, Die Cuts, Fabric Tags: Pink Paislee, Grungeboard flourishes: Tim Holtz; Bling: Doodlebug Designs; Brads, Fabric alphas: American Crafts; Paint: Smooch; Metal Tag: Lil Davis Designs: Border Punches: Fiskars; Butterfly Punch: Martha Stewart.

So, just how did I use the Core'dinations cardstock and Smooch? I tore a strip of cardstock to use as a border between the two background patterns. When torn, the cardstock's inner color shows through. LOVE that! As for the Smooch, I painted my brads, distressed the metal frame photo corners, and glitzed up the grungeboard. That paint is amazing!

As for those fabric flowers, there's a tutorial HERE at the Pink Paislee blog on how to make them. I was able to make three flowers out of just one of the fabric tags. So versatile!

Oh, and I must also mention that I used a sketch by Jana Eubank. Her sketches are so fun to work with. You can find this one HERE.

That's all for today! See ya soon,

8 comments:

Beatriz Guzman said...

This is fabulous work! Love the colors....

Wendy Smith said...

this is great. I rarely do double as they never seem to look right, but you have nailed it!

Stacey Michaud said...

Um, yeah--this is a fabulous double pager!

Renee said...

Love this double page, it is amazing.

Ashley Smith said...

Uh...this is jaw dropping gorgeous!

Frances said...

Me too Aphra!!! I love this layout...the paper, the sweet butterflies, and the flourish is just perfect.

Jana Eubank said...

This is delicious! :D Love all the layers and textures! WOW!!!

Jessica said...

amazing amazing dps..love every bit of it! tfs!