Monday, September 7, 2009

Put a Cork in It!

Oh no, not you, my bloggy friend! Me. On my layout. I've been holding on to a 12x12 sheet of sticky back cork for several months. Well, I finally pulled it out. And I just LOVE the result. I blew the dust off my Sizzix and die cut some stars. Such a nice embellishment for my latest layout for The Scrappiest sketch blog.









Isn't that a great sketch? Be sure to go see what the rest of the design team did with it. They're a talented group, I tell ya.

And be sure to check out the prize for September. It's a jam packed kit from Scrap Attack scrapbooking. Just email Liz your layout by the end of the month. And check back next week for another fab sketch!

Have a great Labor Day!

13 comments:

Susan said...

Lovin that cork aphra! Great layout!

piradee talvanna said...

wow... love the mix of elements! thanks for sharing, will definitely give this a try...

Melissa Fournet said...

hey a,
yet another fabulous creative l/o!! WOW!! i also have a stash of corkboard and you have just inspired me to do something with my stash!

How do you do all those l/o's. i will volunteer some of my pics for you to do for me! ha ha ha

see ya soon

Jamie Harder said...

Love your layout!! That cork is awesome!! I don't have any but now I definitely want some:-)

Jessica said...

fantastic pg! love the new blog look also!

Jana Eubank said...

Fun page!!! Love teh cork, love the stars and the pos of green and gold. You rock!

Sasha Holloway said...

my girlfriend gave me some cork and I was like hmm .. and girl you have so inspired me to use it .. love love love it ..

~Sasha Farina~ said...

oh i love cork pieces! they're just so fab!!! love the layout Aphra!

Sarah Lou said...

I love this LO. I love the use of cork. How do you get the photos of your los so great?

christie Trahan said...

Love the stars and the cork but love the title even more... TOOOOO Cute!

Laurel said...

Love you layout and the cork stars are cute!

laterg8r said...

that cork is awesome, great texture - great LO :D

Deanna said...

LOVE the cork! It adds such great texture and extra oomph! And I love that idea of the giant circle. You may be seeing one from me soon!