Sunday, October 18, 2009

Caution: Rough Stuff Ahead

Hi again Scrappers! I'm back with three more layouts from Fancy Pants's fun and fabulous "Rough and Tough" line. Beware...all these masculine colors, grungy accents, and boy photos might cause a surge of testosterone. LOL!

New Wheels: I really played up the grunge on this one. I tore some paper, added some staples, scrunched up some ribbon, scratched up the glitter letters, and outlined all the doodling on the green paper. To make the stars, I drew them freehand on the back of the paper, cut them out, outlined them with a black Zig pen, and added some threaded buttons.



Not Giving It Up: As soon as I saw this lightning paper, I knew I'd be scrapping this photo of my pouting two-year-old. I had told him he had to give up his paci. LOL! I really wanted to use the stars glitter cut, so I put down some cardstock to make it show up. The adhesive is hidden behind the other strips of paper. And I chopped it up, so I could use it in more than one place. I love to cut up the stickers and such to make them go farther.



2nd Season: I experimented a bit with brads and embroidery floss on this one. I LOVE stars, so anytime I can add them a little differently is a good thing. To make the large number 2, I traced a sticker onto some black cardstock.



This new line from Fancy Pants is on the shelves at Right at Home Scrapbooking. This line includes glitter diecuts, transparencies, a journal book, ribbons, stickers, rubons, buttons and lots of double sided patterned papers. I'm off to work on some Fall layouts with Reminisce's new line. See ya soon!

9 comments:

Lovin' Life said...

Great LO's Aphra, love that line by FP, perfect for boys!!

Tonya Boone said...

i just LOVE your layouts.. especially these with the FP's.. i have a boy and i know these papers would be perfect.. thanks for sharing.. always a fan of your creations.. and i can spot yours out of a gallery for sure. without even seeing your username.. pretty scary...

Jana Eubank said...

I just love your style! Every thing you touch turns to gold! ;)

Deb said...

These pages are amazing!!

Lydia said...

Aphra these are fabulous, I really love the one about not giving it up, such a stubborn boy faces. Love it!

Wendy Smith said...

how cute is that one with your little guy and his dummy...too cute!

Jodi said...

LOVE THESE APHRA!!!! Love the fancy pants paper...

Jessica said...

wow such adorable pgs...those stars with the embroidery floss..brilliant!

christie Trahan said...

U have the greatest little tips and short cuts.... Great ideas!