Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Colors of Fall

This week's sketch at The Scrappiest went up today and boy is it a good one. I mean, really, all of Liz's sketches are fabulous, but this one really appealed to my linear nature. I just love it. Take a look.



For my layout, I did a mirror image of the sketch. That's the beauty of a sketch....make it work for you. The paper is from Bo Bunny's new Fall line. Sooo pretty! I just love the pink mixed in with the browns and oranges.


Supplies--Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Delilah; Chipboard: Buzz and Bloom; Brads: Bazzil, Making Memories; Flowers: Prima; Stick Pins: JoAnn; Alphas: My Little Shoebox, Thickers; Floss: DMC.

I was so excited to finally use this branch by Buzz and Bloom. I've had it in my stash for about two years. After some minor trimming, I was able to make it work. I just LOVE the result. And how about all those brads, hun? I was loving all the texture that they added.



How cute is that little owl? I cut him right off the tags that came with the line. And those cute pink leaf pins......THANKS Tanya, a fellow DT member at Treasured Memories. She picked them up for me on sale at Jo-Anns. They're just like the green ones by Maya Road but in more colors. Ca-ute! And, of course, I had to add some stitching. So I used it to attach the branch and outline the page.



Hope you're feeling inspired to play along with us this week. There's a great prize up for grabs--a huge kit full of Pink Paislee papers provided by our October sponsor, Scrapbook Circle. Just in case my layout's not enough to get the scrappy juices flowing, stop over at The Scrappiest to see the full DT reveal. Fabulous, as always!

See you soon!

Toot...toot....this was in the Top Ten at Two Peas in a Bucket on Thursday, 10/08/09. How fun! Thanks, ya'll!

6 comments:

laterg8r said...

i love this LO, those stick pins rock!

what is a Jo-Ann's? is it like a michaels?

Jamie Harder said...

I love all the details of this layout!! Fabulous girl!!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

oh the colors are yummy.. and there are so much details to look at!! love this one aphra!

Susan said...

Just beautiful Aphra! I too love the colors in this line.

Lindsay said...

I just love the orange, pink, and brown on this! So pretty and I love all of the embellies and little details!

Stacey Michaud said...

oh, girl! I adore that layout! You are soo good at sketches!