Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gone Batty!

The October challenge at A la Carte went up today. Since Frances and I have six kids between us, we decided to do a Halloween menu.

1. orange, black, green, and purple
2. paper piecing
3. glitter
4. a "monstrous" embellishment
5. 3 photos
6. a candy wrapper

Here's my layout, "Let There Be Blood." This one is about my son searching for the bloodiest Halloween costume he could find. He toted around a quart of fake blood, just in case.






Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee, Basic Grey; Glittered Alphas and Stars: American Thickers; Journal Tag: Pink Paislee; Bling: Kaiser Craft; Ribbon: My Mind's Eye; Pen: Zig. All included in Noel Mignon's October kit, The 31st.

I went a little "batty" with the paper piecing, I know. But I LOVE to paper piece. And how about those googly eyes, hun? Any technique that lets me use googly eyes is a winner with me.

If you want to play along with us this month, you have until November 13th to email your layout to Frances. Go check out all the details and the other sample layouts at the blog HERE.

6 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Awesome page!!! The bats are fabulous - I just LOVE those googly eyes:-)

Jana Eubank said...

I love your paper pieced bats! I was wondering which company made them . . . they are darling! ;)

JennEngel said...

OMG, those bats are so cute!

Susan said...

Lovin' those bats! I just might have to lift that idea! This brings back so many memories. When my boys were about this age the bloodiest costume was the focus of their Halloween shopping! Thanks for bringing back those memories!

laterg8r said...

those bats are great - i love googly eyes too :D

LG said...

WOW! Love the colors and all those spooky little details