Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mummy-fied

What do you get when you mix canvas, a Prima iron-on, and some 7 Gypsies? A mummy-fied double-page Treasured Memories Design Team Halloween layout, of course. *giggle*

Boo, I See You: This is my October design team layout for Treasured Memories, my local scrapbook store. We were given seven products: canvas, Tim Holtz distress Stickles, a Prima iron-on, a Prima felt stem, a Prima pebble, a 7 Gypsies book cover and tag. As soon as I saw the large, green iron-on, I thought of a Halloween layout.





I ripped the canvas into strips and then made a mummy. He's a bit large, hun? That's because I wanted to use my Prima pebble for his eye. It had a beautiful butterfly on the back. I scraped it off and used a piece of Prima stem for the pupil. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


Supplies: Cardostock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee; Chipboard: Basic Gray; Book Cover, Bingo Tag: 7 Gypsies; Buttons: Basic Grey, Daisy D's; Glitter: Tim Holtz Stickles; Iron-On: Prima.

I tried to tuck the bingo card tag in a bunch of nooks and crannies before it dawned on me to cut it up. I decided to make some funky bats. For the bat heads, I used some Basic Grey Eerie chipboard skulls, with an eye-ful of distress Stickles. Bwah....hah....hah!!! Scary!

The stars are die cut from the canvas. One of the challenges was to use the canvas three ways, so I've got the mummy, the stars, and the tied strips on the book cover photo mat. The other challenges I completed were (1) to handcut a design--the bats (2) buttons--spiders and near the moon and (3) stitching--the mummies mouth.

Well, this was such a fun layout, and I can't wait to find out what Melissa has in store for our last assignment!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

brilliant Aphra...seriously brilliant!

Kristine said...

Aphra, this layout is FANTASTIC!!!! great work

Lydia said...

Wow Aphra, that just rocks your Muummy is amazing, left you some love on my blog!

christie Trahan said...

too cute!

Gladie said...

awsome mumie! :)))