Monday, October 26, 2009

Nine in '09

This week's sketch at The Scrappiest was perfect for some photos of my son with his birthday cake. The sketch calls for a grid of four patterned papers topped with a grid of photos. And I just happened to have four photos featuring four different birthday boy faces. Check it out.








Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzil; Patterned Paper, Die Cut, Chipboard Alphas: Scrap Within Reach; Star Stamp: Hobby lobby; Mustard Ink: Staz On; Ribbon: Michael's.

LOVE this paper by Scrappin' Within Reach. It's called Industrial Park. Gears, plaid, and polka dots. Soft greys, bold navy, and warm mustard. I've had it in my stash for a long time, so I was very excited to finally use it. There's a fabulous gear die-cut buried beneath all those stars. Gotta love a die cut!

Ok, new favorite thing...cheap foam stamps. The big stars on my layout were stamped with a .99 cent foam stamp and some mustard ink. The stamp really soaked up the ink and gave me a great solid star. I enjoyed them so much that I went a little crazy stamping and stacking stars. I'm back to Hobby Lobby to see what other shapes they have. Oh, and to get more Staz On, too!

Be back tomorrow for a fun blog hop reveal for Scrapping Out LOUD!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

totally adorable layout and pics...love that paper and super love any stamp that is $.99..I am such a cheapo!