Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Weekend to Treasure

This past weekend, my best friend Frances and I went to our favorite local scrapbook store, Treasured Memories in Lafayette, LA. We got to sit and scrap for three days. We had such a great time! We got to meet Beatriz in person....she's a hoot! Ask her what happened to her pants? Hee, hee! And we got to chat with Janet, the owner, and teachers Wendy and Connie. Sooo talented! And we got to hang with some FUN chickees....like our table mates Crystal and Georgette.



Not only did I have a great time, but I got several layouts done, too! These first two are for Right at Home Scrapbooking. My deisgn team kit contained this great paper by Reminisce, Autumn Forest. The colors and patterns are just perfect for your Fall photos. My layout "Leaf Chaser" features my little man prancing around the yard without his shirt looking for fallen leaves. Trust me, with just two small trees in the yard, he had to look hard. LOL!







This next layout "Basket of Boys" uses Fancy Pants's Rowdy Boy line. The playful papers and grungy accents are great fun. I think I could use these papers for about half my photos. Oh, and that chain? It came off some Maya Road chipboard. Fun way to recycle, hun?





And finally, this layout "Nuts About You" is for this week's challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! We were to create a scene and include hidden journaling. My scene was inspired by this sweet My Little Shoebox paper. Such fun colors and patterns. I mean pink and green trees. Ca-ute! What outdoor scene would be complete without some whimsical bookpaper butterflies? Yeah, I threw a few of those on there, too. I may have been pushing it a little with the pink clouds, but I got a little carried away. It's not too often that I get to use pink. LOL!







Hope to go back down to Lafayette real soon! Beatriz will be teaching another class in November. This time canvas books. Save us a table, ladies! Until then, happy scrapping!

15 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y. I LOVE everything you make, girl! ;) You need to sent that layout to My Little Shoebox! They are always looking for pages for their blog and that is such an adorable two-pager! You rocked it!

Jamie Harder said...

FABULOUS pages!!!! You are so lucky to have had a scrappy weekend:-) and obviously it was productive!!

laterg8r said...

my fave is the nuts about you page, the pink clouds and trees are great :D

Beatriz Guzman said...

Aphra, I am so happy I finally got to meet you and Frances. I absolutely love your work!You guys are amazing....
Treasured Memories is a special place... they stole my heart the very first time I went there. Hope to see you next month!
Keep "happy scrappin'"!!!!

Melissa Fournet said...

Hey a,
glad to hear ya'll had a good time, sorry that I had to miss it!! i can just hear you say CA--ute!! yes, i agree, there are some cutie putie!!

l/o's are so cute!!
see ya soon
m

Lovin' Life said...

Great LO's Aphra!!! You go girl!

Ann said...

Glad you had a great time. Awesome work, as always.

Diana said...

sounds like so much fun! And you got A LOT done! And they're FANTASTIC!!

Wendy Smith said...

super talented...so inspiring...love your style

ps..the new blog look is cool too

gette143 said...

We loved being yall table mates.We learn so much from yall.Thanks

Michelle said...

Love the LO's Aphra!! They are awesome, as always!! Glad you got some good scrappy time!!

scraphappenings said...

ok...all the layouts are fabulous, but the 2 pager is my favorite! Thanks for coming this weekend!!! Both you and Sylvia are soooooo talented!!! We all enjoyed your work and company!!!

scraphappenings said...

ok...all the layouts are fabulous, but the 2 pager is my favorite! Thanks for coming this weekend!!! Both you and Sylvia are soooooo talented!!! We all enjoyed your work and company!!!

Wendy said...

glad you all had such a great time at TM...it is an amazing place filled with some of the most amazing talent! loved getting to chat with ya'll and thanks for all the blog tips...i love learning new things! you both inspire me tremendously!

Judith said...

Love the title and LO Basket of boys. x