Sunday, November 1, 2009

So Thankful

It's that time of year when I like to shower my kids' teachers with little treats. To let them know that they're appreciated. And to teach my children to show their gratitude. Reminisce's Autumn Forest line is just perfect for all of your "Thanks" giving. Here is what I came up with.





Supplies: Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants, Reminisce; Stickers: Reminisce; Border Punch: Fiskars; Buttons: Basic Grey, Daisy D's. All available at Right at Home Scrapbooking.

To create these little treat bags, I cut four 4" by 12" strips from some Bazzill Tootsie cardstock. Then I made three folds: one at 3 1/2", 4 1/2 ", and 8 1/2". I placed my gourmet candy corn (YUM!) into a 4" by 6" jewlery bag. Then, your carstock bag just wraps over the candy bag. I stapled the candy bag into place under the flap. Finally, I border punched the front edge, attached some paper strips, stickers, and my paper pieced candy corn.

I plan to have my son write a little note to each of his teachers to thank them for their hard work. We'll attach his note to the inside of the bag.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Cute stuff Aphra! Wish I had a parent like you...I would never eat the candy though.