Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Making Room . . .

for more My Little Shoebox. I'm dying to get my hands on ALL of MLS's Winter 2010 releases. Have you seen all the amazing layouts popping up all over the web? Imaginary Friends and Away We Go are just calling my name. Sooooo . . . like any good (more like obsessed) scrapper, I'm using up the papers I do have to make room for more. LOL!

Spring Fest Egg Hunt: Here's my little cutie posing for the camera after a rowdy egg hunt down at the neighbor's house. This "Enjoy Life" collection is an oldie (Spring 2009) but a goodie. And I was thrilled to finally get to use it. The colors and whimsical spring flowers were just perfect for my Easter layout.









Well, as you can see, I did a lot of fussy cutting. I loved the flowers and really wanted to layer them. I added in some neutrals, book paper and corrugated cardboard (Yes, from the Starbuck's coffee collar!). My little butterfly trails are just loops of embroidery floss held down with tiny glue dots. Lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping in today! Still working on the Paper Poppy sneaks, so I hope you'll stop back by soon to see them. Let me just say zebra print and bright vintage papers. Eeeek!


11 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

You've been a busy bee... another fabulous page! I love your layered flowers and all your details are just perfect. What a cute boy you have! Happy Tuesday my sweet friend.

Michelle said...

This is just TOO CUTE!!! I love all the little details. Such a fun feel to this!!

Kat said...

this is an awesome layout!! it's so fun and cheerful!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra, you really do this line of papers justice with your wonderful layout. So darn creative! And what a gorgeous boy!
:)

Frances said...

Wowee...I love it when you do your fussy cutting. LOL!! Love this one Aphra, I really do. It is so bright and fun...typical you.

mustangkayla said...

Oh, fabulous layout! Love the fussy cutting and layering! The colors go perfect with the picture! Can't wait to see the sneak peek!

Melissa said...

Absolutely stunningly lovely. I love the string "trails"...gorgeous.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a WONDERFUL page, love all the detail! TFS

Kathy Martin said...

Super cute page and awesome details! :)

Jamie Harder said...

Ohhhh this is FABULOUS!!

ellen s. said...

the fussy cutting was soo worth it! love each detail