Sunday, May 16, 2010

MLS Birthday Wishes

After my mom's joy at receiving a handmade Mother's Day card, I decided that I would make her a birthday card, too. She loves to garden and work in her yard, and her favorite colors are purple and blue. The "In Bloom" collection by My Little Shoebox were perfect!




I love all the soft, feminie colors and botanical patterns. In fact, one of the papers is called "Botanical." It is from that sheet that I cut all the flowers you see. Then I stacked and layered and pop-dotted them to give the card some dimension. I added a little hand-stitching and paper curling to really make it come to life.

My favorite part, though, is the finished inside. I like to add a journaling spot to the inside, so my family can write a little note to the recipient. To finish it off, I added a few more of the flowers . . . you just can't have enough of those.

Now, if I can just find the perfect gift, I'll be all set! ;)

See you soon!

10 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and dimension. Happy Sunday!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Cute!!!!!!

Michelle said...

This is wonderful, Aphra!! I am sure your mom will love it!!!

Kat said...

wow!! this card is beautiful!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

You Mum will love it! Wonderful work with all the fussy cutting and curling and sewing... such a lot of work in one little card. Beautiful papers too!
Melinda x

Kathy Martin said...

WOWZA! Colorful, eye catching, creative! :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, this looks like so much fun and sooooo summmery... I LOVE IT! stop by and enter this and maybe you could win a cart at http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-love-love-love-summer-challenge-enter.html

Teri said...

Gorgeous, Aphra! Love it! :)

mustangkayla said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE the paper curling and stitching!

Debbie said...

What a cute, creative and colorful card. Love all the bright colors and the curling you added.