Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thanks Core'dinations!

This week Imaginisce and Core'dinations are hosting a blog swap. The super generous folks at Core'dinations Cardstock sent our entire Imaginisce design team three huge packs of their cardstock to play with. Here's a look at some ways that I used it.


For this layout, I used a sheet of green Whitewash Core'dinations cardstock. The clouds were cut from the white side of the cardstock and inked blue around the edges. You can just barely see the amazing texture on the front side of this collection. To create the dunes, I tore the cardstock revealing the green core. And then for the grass stalks, I tore some small strips and twisted them so that you can see both colors.

For this card, I used a sheet of magenta Core Essentials. I embossed it with Cuttlebug's fleur de lis embossing folder and then lightly sanded the surface to reveal the white core.

For this layout, I used a turquoise sheet of Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock. I thought the pearlescent finish was just perfect for my waves. They are embossed with Cuttlebug's circles folder. Very splashlike, don't ya think?

Core'dinations has a huge collection of cardstocks in multiple colors and finishes. It is heavy duty and has so many possibilities. You can see many more amazing ways to use this product at Imaginisce's blog HERE and the Core'dinations blog HERE. And....both manufacturers are having GIVEAWAYS! Don't miss out on the goodies.

12 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Great layouts!

I really like how the coredination paper looks cut out into diecut shapes.

Janine Rachau said...

You did a really SUPER job with this, Aphra! I LOVE your fabulous dune scene, especially. The woodgrain, the grasses and the buttons,...very clever and well done.

Wendy said...

I love the core'dinations cardstock too Aphra! I love sanding it! Your ripped sand dunes look fab and those splashes just gorgeous! :)

Lydia said...

I have always loved that layout of yours Aphra, and I can't wait to see the rest of that layout with the splash!!

Teri said...

Love these, Aphra! Such creative, pretty designs! :)

Jennifer said...

Love how you used this card stock!! Love the "dunes" you created with it!! :)

Jamie Harder said...

Wow....your projects are all amazing! You rocked the core'dinations cardstock!!!

mustangkayla said...

Oh what fantastic layout and card! Love what you did with the Core'dinations!

Pam said...

Just love the layout and card they are awesome, I visit fequently to see all the new ideas that have been posted. Always a treat.

Debbie said...

Great usage of the cardstock. Love all the inking and tearing!

Lynda said...

I love the teared grass!!Thanks for sharing!!

Tanya Tahir said...

I'm enjoying looking at your blog, Aphra! I'm inspired! I love what you did with the core'dinations in this page, but what I really love is the way you made the little fence. I might just have to copy your sweet idea!!!!