Monday, October 18, 2010

Kickin' It Old School

That's the name of Paper Poppy's October Main Kit. So named because of the fabola Pink Paislee Old School Papers. And this week the design team is focusing on the wooden ruler and mini chalkboard that come in the kit. Eeek! How cute is that? Here's what I came up with.

5th Grade Bound



Oh my stars! Look at all the fab Jillibean Soup embellies! We've got corrugated buttons, jute string, and jeweled pins. Love all that texture. In fact, I wanted to be able to use the buttons on all the stars, so I used a small circle punch to cut smaller buttons out of the big ones that came in the kit.

As you can see, I used the 6" wooden ruler as the base of my title. I really like a big, mixed title. I placed my first word on the tag using the foam Pink Paislee alphas and the Jenni Bowlin chalkboard minis. Then I used the Lily Bee banner stickers to make a banner for the second word. The small blue cirlce alphas came in the March kit. I just backed them with some red punched circles.

That's all I've got for you today! But I'll be back soon to announce our super Guest Designer! She is coming to you from way around the world and she has some fabby fab fab projects to share. In the meantime, be sure to link up your sketch challenge layouts by the 25th to be eligible to win an $10 voucher to the store.

See you soon!

9 comments:

Sandy Davis said...

Love the layout and those buttons!

Michelle said...

I really like this Aphra...I love all of the dimension and texture it has. Isn't it amazing how fast our kids change?? Too fast in my opinion!! ;)

HeatherC said...

I love this Aphra!! Gorgeous!!

Suzanne said...

This is fantastic!!!! LOve everything about it!

Lydia said...

Oh wow Aphra, I really love this layout, I love all those stars and it is such a great design!! Well done!!

Diana said...

the layering on this is just yummy--and the colors--LOVE! Great job!

Deanna said...

OMWord! I loove this Aphra! You outdid your self with this one! I bet it's even more phenomenal IRL! Wow!

Jessica said...

Love this LO! So much detail and little extras.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful layout. Love all of the stars and stick pins. Adorable!